Things to learn in 2015!

Life is short. It really is!

I have always been curious to try out new different things. But for odd reasons & excuses I always managed to find myself not doing what I really wanted to do. I really get fascinated by certain things that I haven't tried before and always get that adrenaline rush inside of me when I see
someone doing something better than me. I'm not jealous (sometimes I'm) but it is the scope and the level that you can achieve after witnessing someone better than you. One fine day I think I'm best in something but the very next day I guy comes along and beats me to mud. This has always been my main source of motivation, to be the best in whatever you do. It is not with everything I do but with things I feel I could do better than I just did.

I have compiled certain activities that I really want to learn this year. I hope with plenty of time ahead of me, I'll be able to do & improve in most of them:

  1. Kung Fu/Kick Boxing: I want to learn one of these two from quite some time now. I have few friends who know karate and taekwondo. Watching them move just makes me do the same thing. 
  2. Learn to ride a Bike: I know how it works, but never really practiced it!
  3. Learn coding to make a website: One of the coolest things to do is to learn to code and build a website from scratch. I know working with html but it's not enough to make a website on you own. I really got inspired to learn from the movie "The Social Network".
  4. Learn Rubik's Cube (advanced): I can solve Rubik's cube in about 30 sec. (avg.). Now that I'm understanding the people who can do it in under 15 sec. greatly inspires me to stretch me as well.
  5. Learn Public Speaking (advanced): I, frankly, find myself to be a decent speaker & presenter. But when you understand yourself, you come to know that you have a long way to go. I lack in few departments and always get nervous before any public speech.
  6. Learn body language: Psychology is one of my favorite thing to learn online when I have nothing else to do.
  7. Singing: I'd say I'm just about an average when it comes to singing. I understand notes & pitches but never really explored this part of myself.
  8. Meditation & Yoga: Maybe I'll in better shape and achieve a peace of mind.
  9. Sign language: Sign language always excites me!
  10. Writing with left hand: If you have read so far, you might have guessed I'm going crazy now! These sorts of unique little things do excite me. I'm not planing to be an expert in all these things, just should be able to do it!
  11. Cooking (basics): I want to learn little bit of cooking from my Mom to be able to help myself with food when she is not in town. (its really hard to feed yourself without Mom)
  12. Guitar: My friend has it, and he can sing at least one song with it. I find it cool!
  13. Psychology: I have always been keen to understand human behavior!
  14. Dance: At least, to be able to do little more than clicking photos on such occasions!
  15. Learn to make a mobile App: Not the first of the priorities, but I do want to make at least one smart phone App
  16. Learn a language: I really want to learn Marathi, Gujarati and one foreign language.
  17. Photoshop (advanced): I'm good at photoshop but I know people with better skills than me. That motivates me!
  18. Sketching (advanced): Frankly, I find myself as a great artist. I know I have much more potential than what I can do now!
  19. Chess (advanced): I have played State Level Chess and 2 International Open! I do believe I can do much better.
  20. Graphology (advanced): I learn about graphology when I was in 1st year of my college. Now I want to take it to next level and to be able to understand any handwriting!
  21. Learn to type fast: I used to take typing test online and was pretty much pleased with my speed (60 wpm avg. ). I realized that there are lot of people who can type with speeds over 150 wpm!
Few of the Activities might feel like I'm going crazy. But this is what I'm and this is what I want from myself.
If there is something else cool to learn let me know through comments, I might want to try that too.

Comments

  1. Great Abhishek!

    I have seen your creative drawings from your previous articles.......
    These are giving illusion of real things.........

    Keep posting........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment