7th semester torment

https://shreyathinks.wordpress.com/

Today I got results of my last semester exams. I'm proud to say that I made it in one piece which was not certain for me back then.

I'm doing a not-so-common course from NMIMS called MBATech (MBA + Btech) of 5 years total duration. It is the first year of our MBA and pressure started to build up like never before. Whatever we faced in our intense 3 BTech years, seemed like a trailer to us when
we actually faced the MBA 1st semester or 7th semester exams.

We had 10 subjects and exams were conducted everyday. Even the mighty Sunday did not save us as we faced 2 exams on Monday! As I recollect, I had some serious trouble in 2 subjects as my internal marks were low; Financial Accounts (FAA) & Analysis and Research Methodology (RM). I'm really week in Finance subjects for some reason and was reflected in FAA. I got single digit marks in the mid-term exam but managed to get a little over 20 in the internals out of 50.

RM was rather tricky as the avg. marks in our batch were 25 - 30 out of 50. People braced themselves elegantly for the final blow and the exam was more like ship cruising through a storm with few holes just to distract some attention to stop the water to enter inside. Everyone gave their all, reached the shore unconscious till today, when that we understood that most of them made it, but few were left behind.

Luckily, these exams were one of the first to be conducted. As we moved to the end of the semester, we were thoroughly exhausted. We had to push anyway, but the last couple of exams did suffer a bit due to this exhaustion. 

Nevertheless, it was a hard ride, but I guess this is just the beginning; 3 more challenges to go. I'm sure we all will make it in one piece at the end by the time we actually compete in the real world. 

Comments