. . . and then I was recruited!


. . . and then I was recruited for my 5 month summer internship in a Brazilian based internet start-up company Tripda. It attracted me immediately for few main reasons; It is internet start-up, challenging, requires entrepreneurial passion and
graphic designing skills was a plus. Bingo, couldn't expect anything better than this for my internship!!


It was through the college and had to go through the traditional selection process i.e, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.

It all started on 3rd Jan' 15 when I received an email from our college regarding this company, Tripda, in the evening. I read the company profile and was impressed by the job description. It was the first time that I was really interested for a company. The previous 2 companies, in which it was mandatory for all Marketing students to appear for selection process, non of them were too impressive to me in terms of job profile & what they were providing for us.

I have been on various important occasions in which I always wanted to excel, but rarely gave my best and gave up on most occasions. It was not the challenge that was intense, rather, it was my state of mind filled with fear & "what if I fail?!" or "I don't want to fail at all" factors. This felling embraces me whenever I am onto something important.

I wanted this internship so I was nervous for this as well. The day arrived and I was rather casual. I understood the origin of the my negative feeling so I worked on it. I woke up that morning, looked myself in the mirror and and said to myself that "yes! I'm scared because I don't want to fail, but this is not the end of the world. Even if I fail, I'll learn something new & will identify the areas where I'm lagging. More opportunities that will be presented to me, either better or worse but not the same, but the next time I face a similar situation I'll be stronger, psychologically & mentally".

I released the pressure from my mind and took things a little more casually. I started looking at the situation as a learning process and I don't mind failing in something when I'm learning something. This made all the difference to me. I retained my self-confidence, decided to have fun in the selection process and give my 100% no matter what happens.

I was in the 4th group for the Group Discussion. I became very natural. I'm not one of the best speakers in the world but I was mentally ready to face the hardest of GDs.

When it all started, things seem to be far from what is known as a GD. No one was ready to discuss; they all wanted to debate & speak. It was a challenge, I tried to interfere but of no use. I noticed, the ones who were getting attention in this chaos were consistent & loud. So I did the same! I had few relevant points to raise and discuss. I started speaking constantly & loudly to gain little attention. This amateur tactic did earn me a position for Personal Interview.

I was 8th on the list for PI. My PI was little longer than the rest of the students who went before me. I was little nervous but tried to remain calm as I had only one shot. It turned out to be an awesome PI! I was really happy the way it went. He started off by asking about me, what I want to do followed by 3 situational test in which I was the company's Marketing guy and the interviewer was a common man.

We all had to wait until all the 10 students are over with their PI. After all the PI got over, we get a news that the interviewer needs time to short list the students for recruitment. We were to receive the news by email that night or the next morning. I was waiting for the email eagerly till the next morning before leaving for college.

I almost forgot about it when someone from my class greets me for getting selected for internship during the morning lecture.

. . . and then I was recruited!

Amazing feeling for me! This is one internship I wanted and I managed to get into it. I wish to give my best for the internship and hope to achieve good results for the company.

Comments

  1. Congratulations dear...

    Yeah, it's quite true dat GD's usually turn to debate...

    Liked the positivity through out the post...;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment